Monday, February 2, 2015

Weekend Update 2

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!  I'm linking up with Tara over at Running 'N' Reading for her weekend update!  My weekend ended staying up too late watching the Super Bowl.  It was an exciting game!

I started the weekend with Kate Moving Forward's banana baked oatmeal (one of my favorite breakfasts!) and then headed to my group run.  It was so chilly, but I had a great run.  Any suggestions for keeping toes warm would be greatly appreciated!  After my run I was pretty sure I would never be warm again, so I grabbed a carmel macchiato from Starbucks and then curled up with my pup for a nap.  I think this is going to be my routine until the cold weather is gone!

That face.

Saturday night I made another recipe from my Runner's World cookbook.  I wasn't as sure of this recipe as some of the others, so I was glad my nice friend was there to try it out on!   I had to adjust a little bit because I didn't have all the vegetables required, but it was pretty good. Not sure this one is going to be on my regular rotation, but I'm glad that I have stayed out of my food rut lately!  After dinner we went to Denizen's, a local brewery, and sampled some beer.  We hadn't been there yet (and had been meaning to try for a while!), so I was really excited!  I highly recommend it if you are in town.  It's a fun atmosphere and they have a BBQ bus.  How can you not have a good time?


I picked the hoppy sampler.  Hoppiness is happiness after all. 

Sunday morning one of my friends and I headed to Founding Farmers for brunch.  We hadn't been before and it lived up to the hype!  Guys, the beignets?  To die for.  I can't wait to go back one day!  After brunch, pup and I may have taken another nap and then headed to the park.  It was cloudy, but it was nice to get out and about instead of our normal neighborhood walk.

Sunday also marked the beginning of my 2015 reading challenge!  I'll write more later, but basically there are 12 different categories (totally doable) and I started The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton for my "you've been meaning to read" book and am already loving it!



What were some of the highlights from your weekend?  Anybody have any fun Super Bowl parties?  We kept it low key (I had some work to do bah), but it's always fun to watch!


8 comments:

  1. Yayy for linking up with Tara! I love Founding Farmers! Which recipe did you make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO good! And I made the pork tenderloin with winter vegetables! I appreciate how easy it was, but it wasn't my favorite!

      Delete
  2. I guess the highlight of our weekend was the foot+ of snow we got yesterday! Hooray for Barley boots! Glad you got to have such a good weekend even if you did have to work throughout the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's ok, I took breaks for commercials ;-)

      Delete
  3. Looks like fun! This weekend, I ran a relay for the local children's hospital, had my best friend and her family as house guests, celebrated my stepdad's birthday and went to a SB party. Thank goodness my little guy had the day off school because we needed the break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it! Sounds like a great weekend though :-) I want to run a relay one day!

      Delete
  4. Lindsey, I LOVE my Runner's World cookbook; just made a recipe from it last night that was delish. This banana baked oatmeal looks amazing; I'm going to try it out this weekend - woo hoo! Thanks for sharing and thank you so much for linking up with the blog this week; hope yours is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, what did you make!? I want to know what all the best recipes are :-) You should definitely try the oatmeal! It's SO good!

      Delete