Sunday, January 26, 2014

Week 13 Recap

Week 13 went by fast thanks to some surprise days off!  I mostly recapped this week in other posts, but in case of a PR I want to be able to look back and see what went right.  My fastest half marathon training notes are lost on my old college laptop, but to be honest, I don't think I'd find much there.  I just ran when I felt like it and added a mile each week to my long run up until 10 miles and then ran my half.  I had never needed or used fuel, and probably stupidly, took a gel for the first time at mile 9 of my race.  I felt fine afterwards, other then being pretty sore.   Apparently, my life should be fueled by nachos and margaritas in order to achieve perfect running balance.

I miss these days so much.

Monday: 5 hilly miles in my neighborhood.  Slow and steady on tired legs.

Wednesday: 11 miles on the 'mill.

Friday: 5 miles on the 'mill.  I pushed a little bit, but mostly just ran at an easy pace so my legs don't start to hate me later.

Total for the week: 21 miles.
Total for Shamrock Training Plan: 204.96 (Guys, you have no idea how much that .96 annoys me.  I'm tempted to go run down the street to fix it.)

Week 14 is two 45 minute runs and a 10x800 run.  Hopefully the weather will start to cooperate so I can hit the trails again soon!  I'm starting to get cabin fever!


2 comments:

  1. We're getting cabin fever, too! I am convinced we will never see temperatures above single digits again and that Barley and I will fight until our brains explode. I hope you and the 'mill don't have the same problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! I think Mad Dog and I will finally get out and about this weekend!

      Delete