Friday, December 27, 2013

Best Running Moments of 2013

It's Friday!  I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!  I have been busy enjoying time with the family, so posting has been lacking a little lately, but I figured I could make time for a quick Friday Five post with Mar, Courtney, and Cynthia!  The year is quickly coming to a close, so I thought an appropriate end to the 2013 Friday Fives would be a look back at some of my best running moments from 2013.

1. Running in San Diego.  I did the Runner's World Summer Running Streak and part of it was while I was on vacation in beautiful San Diego.  Going out there I wasn't sure how running would go.  I knew that we were going to be really busy, but they ended up being some of my best (and fastest) miles yet.  I loved running along the water with the amazing summer temperature.





2. Boordy Vineyards 5k.  I'm so excited that I found this 5k!  Charm City Run puts on a fantastic race and obviously it doesn't hurt that it ends with wine and a bread and cheese platter.  I had a great time running with one of my best friends and can't wait to go back next year!



3.  The Nike Women's Half Marathon.  I'm a little sad I chose to opt out in 2014 because I really loved this race.  In my opinion the course was amazing and what girl doesn't love getting Tiffany's handed to her by a guy dressed to the nines? While it was a little rough getting back into the game after not running for so long, this race helped remind me why I love running.



4.  Zooma Annapolis Kick Off Party.  Ok, this may sound weird, but I really enjoyed the kick off event they had at Charm City Run!  It was fun getting to meet some fellow runners and I had a great time chatting with the ladies during our group run.  The Panera bagels and coffee after we returned was a nice touch, too.  It made me really excited for the race and I am looking forward to doing it all again in 2014!

5. Zoo Zoom.  I loved that my nice friend chose to run this with me as part of my birthday celebration!  Although it was cold, I had a great time at the race and really enjoyed exploring the zoo after.  Since it was so cold it was ALMOST like we had the zoo to ourselves!



I had a fantastic year and am excited to see what 2014 brings!  Happy Friday!


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes!! I mean, there's really not a good reason NOT to run this race! :-)

      Delete
  2. Those sound like awesome races--even to someone with no interest in running them ;) I'm glad I can live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete