Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Random Thoughts Wednesday

So I've had a lot of things I've wanted to talk about, but I haven't really had time to do each one justice. I figured I'd get a quick list down and then expand on them later. First up....

Falling back and getting an extra hour of sleep was great, but now can we spring forward? Seriously guys, running in the dark is not an option for this girl.  Call me chicken, but I just don't feel like it's the safest option.  Treadmill it is on week nights!  Woo!

Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me is the best way way to endure the treadmill.  It lasts just about the time it takes me to run 5 miles and keeps me laughing and entertained, PLUS it keeps me up to date on news headlines.  I literally almost fell off the treadmill because I was laughing so hard last night.  Pretty sure my fellow gym members think I'm the weirdest chick alive.



The gym kind of annoys me sometimes. I prefer running outside (especially now that I'm getting braver and conquering my long runs outside!) and since I use the small fitness center and not a real gym it comes with problems that bigger gyms don't have.  Last night a mom brought in her kid.  I get that it's hard to workout when you're worrying about a small child, but he screamed and cried and pitched a royal fit for SO long before the mom took him outside.  Also, only one treadmill works.  It's annoying, but hey, what can we do.

After one use, I'm already in love with the Nike Training Club App.  My abs were burning last night!  I love how it plays your music and counts down for you.  Plus, it has step by step on how to do each move and even videos if you still don't get it after reading.

The Women's Nike Half Marathon lottery is open!  I LOVED this race last year even though I hadn't trained at all.  Initially I swore I was only going to do it once (the price tag is pretty steep), but it was such a great experience that I quickly changed my mind.  This year there's all this drama concerning the Tiffany's finisher necklace (go read the Nike Facebook page if you want a good laugh.  There are some heated debates about whether or not the necklace is a good reason to run).  Not gonna lie, all of that nonsense is kind of turning me off to the race.  Getting that blue box at the end was really fun (and probably the only way this girl is getting it!) and I just can't spend that kind of money when there are so many other great races out there, ya know?  As of right now I'm not planning on entering, but I have a couple of weeks to change my mind!



I have my eye on another race.   I KNOW I swore off longer distances, but what can I say, I'm still in need of a great half.  I started a training plan last week (more on that later) and I decided if I stick to it and am making progress after week 8 then I will sign up for the race.  So far it's been really good!

I'm ready for my bruises from the Rugged Maniac to go away.  I'll have a full recap later on.  It was a fun day, but man do I look like I lost a fight.

STARBUCKS RED CUPS ARE HERE!  Peppermint mocha.  'Nuff said.



HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment