Friday, August 16, 2013

Back to Training

So, I'm officially training for a half marathon.  I'm really excited about it because it's one of my absolute favorite races, BUT also really nervous because it is only 50 days away.  I'm on the second week of my training plan right now, and while I've already had to make some adjustments, it's going pretty well.  I've gotta say, having limited time to get my butt in shape is definitely a motivator to get out the door!

I was in Pennsylvania for a little over a week and got in some hilly miles in my parents' neighborhood while I was there.  They were TOUGH, but I was really happy when my last mile on one of my runs clocked in under a 9 minute pace.  I don't see 8s very often on my Garmin and was especially happy that it happened on those hills!

When I left my parents' house my sister came with me!  She helped me get some work done and we saw some of the sights of DC.  We ate lots of good food, went on a great walk with Maddux (minus the part where we encountered a skinny dipper), and may have added a small addition to our family.



Today I tackled some intervals on the 'mill.  I think having some speed work thrown into my training plan for my last half worked really well so I'm going to do my best to fit them in when I can.  I ended up running 4 miles in 35:47 with a ten minute warm up and then 2 hard minutes followed by 3 easy minutes (repeated until the end).  I was a sweaty mess after that one!

In other news, don't forget to sign up for Color Me Rad!  I have mine coming up in just a couple weeks and am getting excited!  I also have a review of the July Kona Kase coming your way soon!  I've only had one of the snacks so far, but think it is going to be awesome now that I'm in training again!  Feel free to use the code GIFTSUMMER for $5 off a kase!

Happy Friday!




2 comments:

  1. I don't know what you're talking about...the skinny dipper was the highlight of my visit.

    ReplyDelete