Sunday, July 28, 2013

5k on the Calendar

As I've said before, I'm not a fan of doing races in the summer time.  I can't help but feel a little competitive when I get to the starting line of a race and always have a number in my head that I want to achieve.  This doesn't always go as planned when it is scorching hot and I am dripping with sweat.

The newest race on my calendar is the Color me Rad 5k in Baltimore!  Thanks to my affiliation with Fit Approach and the Sweat Pink Ambassadors I get to be an ambassador for the race and I couldn't be more excited! (Color me Rad isn't paying me, but they did offer me a free race entry!)  I had always wanted to do one of the color races, but they always seem to sell out so quickly.   This race is untimed and focuses on having fun, which will be great for my summer running mentality.  Everybody that I know that has participated has loved it so I'm ready to finally get to join in the fun.

Not me, but doesn't she look like she's having fun? Check out more pics on the Color me Rad site!

I THINK I convinced my cousin (who FINALLY lives in the area again!) to run it with me!  It will be the perfect way to spend some time with her now that she will be back in my regular life again.


If you're interested in running Color me Rad check them out on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, or Instagram.  I found their social media sites to be light hearted and fun, so if you need to procrastinate it might be a good place to go.  If you're ready to commit and register, feel free to use the code radfun and you will get 20% off your registration fee for any race if you sign up between Monday, July 29 and Wednesday, July 31!


Happy running!

4 comments:

  1. I'm not running that one because I'm doing the 9/11 Heroes Rush in Annapolis that afternoon. Have fun, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that will be fun, too! I really liked the runs I've done in Annapolis!

      Delete
  2. That sounds so fun! I think a color run would be the only kind of run I might be convinced to do!

    ReplyDelete