Wednesday, September 19, 2012

You Lucky Dog

**Soon I will get back to a running post.  In the meantime, I have a post about a cause that is near and dear to my heart to tide ya over ;-) **

It goes without saying that I love my dog.  Every post has had some mention of Maddux.  A little over a year ago I got him from a wonderful organization.  Lucky Dog Animal Rescue was the perfect choice for me when I was searching for my forever friend.  They had many great dogs to choose from and were so helpful when I was trying to decide if Maddux would be a good fit for my home.  They are truly dedicated to finding these amazing animals HOMES, not just a roof to go over their heads.


Our first family photo.


That being said, LDAR operates solely on the love of volunteers and foster parents.  They don't have a physical shelter, yet they save hundreds of lives from high kill shelters through their dedication and hard work.  They are extremely organized, and the adoption events run smoothly with each adoption coordinator knowing important information about their foster pups.

Many of us are not in the position to adopt a dog, and that's fine.  Having a dog is work!  Maddux is one of the greatest joys in my life, but not everyone is able to commit to adding another family member.  For those of you who want to help, I encourage you to vote for Lucky Dog Animal Rescue in the Chase Community Giving contest.  Maddux's mothership could win $10,000!  Today is the last day to vote and they need all the votes they can get to send them into the top 196 (I know, weird number, right?).



So, please vote.  Without LDAR I wouldn't have Maddux.  Then I wouldn't have anything to write about and the blog would be sad and have no pictures.  THANK YOU!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment