Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekend Fun

This weekend was one of the most relaxing I've had in a long time.  Saturday morning after pancakes I went downtown to buy new running shoes.  I met up with my friend and her nice boyfriend after my trip to Pacers for Starbucks and some shopping.

Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back!  I got the via packs in hopes that I can save some money with a close alternative to the real thing.  It was so nice and warm on Saturday that I opted for the frappuccino version.  It was amazing!  I can't believe it took me so long to order one!

Please be good! 


After Starbucks we headed to Loft for the 30 percent off sale.  I probably spent way too much on this dress, but I loved it!  The zipper in the back caught my eye from across the store and I knew I had to try it on.  I probably should have taken pictures from the dressing room because the experience was kind of funny.  I had on my running shoes so that the people at the running store could help me decide if they were still the right fit.  Between the shoes and the messy ponytail I had quite a few joking comments from the other ladies there.




It was amazing how drastically the weather changed from the morning to the afternoon.  There was a pretty bad storm with some tornado sightings, so I knew my outdoor run wasn't going to happen.  I opted for a treadmill run after the worst had passed and ended up doing 6 miles in 55:24.  I felt like I pushed hard, but was still able to enjoy my run.  After running a warm up mile I did a faster mile.  After that I did a couple minutes of incline between 1.5 and 2 (I normally run with it set at level 1).  The inclines didn't feel too hard, but definitely added in a little extra workout.  I finished with a strong last mile.

My nice friend came up after my run to go to a jazz festival with me.  Even though we dressed expecting some rain, it turned out to be really nice out and we enjoyed a good hour and a half of Brazilian jazz.  Although I think I like a more traditional style, the saxophonist was amazing and the percussionist was really fun and even did some break dancing!

Sunday was a very lazy day.  I invested in another Champion sports bra from target and a new running tank!  I'll have to post a picture later because I think it's actually kind of cute for a running shirt!  The way it is cut is girly and fun and it's nice and long.  No riding up here!

I had postponed the debut of my shoes because I felt like our first run together shouldn't be done on the treadmill.  I took them out for about a 4 mile spin (my Nike+ is definitely not calibrated...) around my neighborhood.  It was tough (agh hills....agh sore quads), but I powered through and my shoes felt great!  I'm really digging the green laces.

Hello, I love you.


This week I am planning on running a mile tomorrow, about 45 minutes on Wednesday, and 10 miles at some point over the weekend (outside fingers crossed!).  I stocked up on more Clif Shot Bloks and am planning on being smart about using them this time.

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

1 comment: