Monday, December 12, 2011

New Shoes=Motivation

I haven't been running much since the Hot Chocolate.  I take a class every other week which happened to fall a few days after the race.  It equals a couple of late nights in the week and playing a lot of catch up with work and cleaning.  I got my new shoes Sunday and am sad to say they sat in their perfect clean state in their perfect clean box for the first few days after.

Look how pretty they are :-)

They got their debut on Thursday, but I like to think that it didn't really count since it was on the treadmill.  Love those cold, dark nights that start at 5pm.  I ran about 3 miles and while it wasn't fast, I'm determined to whip my butt into shape somehow.  Yesterday I ran around a pretty lake with a nice running partner.  It was also slow.  It didn't feel slow.  It felt kind of hard.  There was a big hill at the end and I blame that.  My friend said we had to sprint up it.  I laughed.  He wasn't kidding.  I wasn't either.  He ended up literally pushing me up the hill.  I should be more embarrassed by this.  I think I need to come up with a legit training plan that involves some hills and some sprints.  I don't particularly like these things, but in order to get even close to where I was last year I suppose I need to get on it.  At least I have pretty shoes to run in :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment