Thursday, November 17, 2011

Chickfila Fuels my Runs

I have a theory.  I am pretty sure that peppermint chip milkshakes and waffle fries are the key to having a good run.  I had that dinner of champions last night and today had an awesome run (yes, it was on the treadmill...boo early darkness).  Will Smith was nice enough to show up to the run with Switch again (ipod, how did you know that's exactly what I needed?!) and I ran a little over 4 miles in ~36:30.  I realize this is by no means fast, but it was faster than I have run in AGES and it felt EASY!  That is a big deal.  I started off my "speed" workout with a mile warm up and then continued to bump up the speed.  I stayed in between 6.5-7.5 the majority of the run, which is a huge accomplishment considering that a few weeks ago the pace I warmed up at felt rushed.  Maybe it's just one of those lucky runs or maybe my screwy "training" plan is somewhat working, but it felt nice to have a day back in my college running days.  Or maybe its the fries and shake.   Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment